Saturday, June 24, 2006

When bad things happen to God's people

I have recently been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, a very curable and treatable cancer. Some have already started with “why would God do this”. To that I simply say God did not do it. You see, God may have allowed it, but he never puts sickness on his kids. I must admit, I have felt a little like Job lately. However, when I went back and read that story, I felt almost honored. You see, God allowed the devil to smite Job to prove just how faithful Job really was. God still had control the entire time. God has allowed the devil to take my Mother from me at an early age. God has allowed the devil to put sickness on my youngest daughter. And now God has allowed the devil to strike me with this illness. All I have to say is, Satan, is that all you got?! Where me and Job differ is, I have a God fearing wife and praying friends. Sure I have questioned myself and asked, where did I forget to put my armor on at. I have questioned God’s reasoning for allowing this. But I must remain like Job and say, Though He Slay me yet will I trust Him!!!!!!!

What I have been bothered by is those who say I am sick because I do not have enough faith. To them, I say read your Bible! Are you telling me that Job had little faith? I am a proud Pentecostal and I know that I know there is healing at the cross. It was by Jesus’ stripes that I am healed. Jesus took it for me at that place called Calvary. Their lack of understanding in something so basic as the Cross, blinds their eyes with dogma that is not from God. If there is someone out there going through Hell and back as I am, I am here to tell you, He will never leave you nor forsake you. Before the foundations of the earth, He knew this event would come to pass and He had already began a way of escape. The Cross is our salvation. However, it does not end there. The blood shed on that Cross was for you and me. Our atonement, healing, and so much more was offered up for us, all we must do is accept it and His loving grace. I am not sure as to why God chose me or why I must go through this time of trials. But I know that where there is a test, there is a testimony! I believe that at the end of this, God will get glory beyond measure and he will use me beyond my expectations. I leave you with this. It is this One Man’s Opinion that the Cross of Christ must be proclaimed for all to hear. It was Paul’s sermon every time. He claimed to know only Christ and Him crucified. So why do we push programs and purpose over Christ and the Cross. If just one soul comes to Christ because of my infliction, it will be worth the pain. To Him be the Glory forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My God continue to give you the strength to declare His glorious name!